Recommendation for Ride and Handling

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H K

Reaction score
I have decided it is time to replace my stock shocks. Im looking for recommendations on the replacement. I intend to do some towing but the ST is used mainly as a daily driver and family transportation.

I would also be interested in additional recommendations for upgrades while under the truck.

After you decide and install new shocks:

1. Zabteck (Addco) or Explorer Express Rear Sway Bar.

2. Moog K7275 Front Sway Bar End Links (Amazon)

UNBELIEVABLE HANDLING IMPROVEMENT 'Nuff Said !!! :banana:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sensa Tracs or NAPA store brand (same shock, less money) if you do mostly normal driving. If you off-road or tow heavy stuff then get Monroe Reflexes.

Monroe/Rancho Mail In Rebate "Buy 3 Get the 4th Free" Thru 5/31/11

I ordered two Monroe Reflexs from Rock Auto for 19.90 each.. last I looked they only had 2 left

I am kind of debating myself on what to put in the back.. maybe Airshocks? Monroe Max-air? anyone have those?

Brian B

ANY,,, and I do mean ANY shocks are better than the OEM shocks. The OEM were simply not the right shock for the Trac.

You will be truly amazed at the difference once you change them out.

The rear sway bar is your next change and once again, you will be amazed of the improved handling performance..

Thanks to every one on the recommendations. Looks like I will go with the Monroe Sensa Tracs since my driving will not be off road. Looking at the cost of Swaybars I think my budget will require I wait on the modification.

Latest posts