Reflashed tranny fixed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axel Deneselya

Reaction score
I just got my trac back from the dealer. they performed tsb 07-13-08. it definitly shifts better. I have only driven it the 10 minutes or so back from the dealer but the surging while comming to a stop is gone.

Mine is dated before May 2006....had the latest flash (07-13-08) couple months ago.

If I were a betting man, I would say 10 to 1 it will be back!! Bought in May '06,

and it ain't right yet!

I'm waiting for the next TSB.......:wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with you USN-RET, I had mine flashed with the lasted one. It was great for about a week or so and the problem came back, although not as bad.

The reprogramming probably only boosted the transmission line pressure for mor positive shifts. That will not cure the problem, only mask it for a while.

The slipping while shifting problem is caused by a sticking solenoids valves or leaking valvebody. By boosting the line pressure the transmission will shift firmer, but the problem will be back. Ford is hoping the they have delayed the problem until your warranty has expired, or you sell the Sport Trac. Either way, they don't don't have to pay for the repairs.

...Rich