Regular Coolant or Gold Coolant?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Fazzina

Reaction score
I own a 2002 ST, 4.0, 4wd. How do I find out what kind of coolant is used? Is it regular or the gold coolant? I hear the gold is a longer lasting coolant. Either way it currently looks darker than it should and I want to do a flush this weekend since it will be gorgeous out. Thanks guys.

Mike Fazzina

03 started the gold coolant....

Stay wit the green.....

Todd Z

Todd Z, Has any thing changed between years of the cooling systems? If not you should be able to step up to the gold.

When we had our '01 escape I asked a ford service rep if I could service the cooling system with the gold. The new escape V6 switched to the gold. He told me it was my choice.

Ed,

Honestly I never liked the long mileage coolant, I allways change mine at 60 K no matter what any way....

I will ask ford if they have a feeling on upgrading....

Todd Z

They do sell rubber dye.....

Todd Z

Is BFGoodrich still making the tires with the colored stripes on the tread? I think they had a blue version, although I don't know that any of them were big enough to fit our trucks...

That universal coolant scares me.

My subaru's manual says to ONLY use subaru coolant or else the warranty is void. It also says the same for ATF. Do you know how hard it is to find Subaru ATF and coolant? And how expensive it is when you do find it?

Rodger, does the purple ice mix well with anti-freeze? I know with redline water weter, it says you get better performance, with just water or very little anti-freeze.

On my '94 5.0L stang, the first year for the electric fan. The factory sensors tend to let it run too much on the warm side. Especially with engine mods. I ran the redline with just enough anti-freeze for SE Texas winters. I bought a different fan controller. Never wired it in before I sold it.

Latest posts