Reliability

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Trax

Reaction score
Just a thought, but would this website be as popular if our Fords ran right? With all the reliability and warranty TSB related stuff that's been popping up, it seems to bolster this site's popularity. Regardless, there are some very helpful hints here.

Well since I own 2 ST's and my 03 has been flawless since about 10K (now 70K) and my 04 since i owned it (62-98K) I think the site will be around for a long time...

As for issues.... Go to ANY car specific site..... The Majority of the posts are about issues and problems.....

A happy person tells 5 people and angry person tells 20 !!!

We have plenty of posts about people towing, taking road trips, Loading, Me driving it like I stole it... Ect....

Nature of the beast..

As The ST stops production and members sell their St's I am sure the off topic posts will also grow as well.....

Todd Z

Yes,definately. This site is made up of like minded people that truly care about one another. There is frendship and commoradery here plus we have the utmost respect for each other. This allows the site to function as an incredible resource on any topic. Plus, I've had 32,000 miles of trouble free service from my Trac. BC :smile0011:

I think it would be equally, or at least nearly as equally popular.

With the mods and the people that are here, it is an attractive site to be a part of.

I sold my Trac some time ago but still visit here as I consider some of the people and what they have to say very important.

I have received much good information and would like to think I have helped others that had nothing to do with their Tracs..

The folks are pretty cool from this site. I had the pleasure of going to an ST meet and it was nice to share tips and tricks about similarly Trac obsessed people. I agree this site can be enjoyed with our ST as just a prop. With the upcoming retirement of the ST looming, I wouldn't be surprised to see this site humming along long after Ford decides to resurrect the model. Cool.

Well beyond ST's, and usually civil. A truly diverse bunch, politics aside. I'll keep reading.

I had a first gen. St and currently own a second gen. ST and I've had no problems. The STs are only the common factor among us. There is more to life than the vehicle you drive and the diverse lives we lead is what brings such spirited discourse to this site. Great people and a great site...

Les, I would have to disagree. The ST is what brought us together. We find other things in common from our dialog on the site and when we meet in public. I will agree that this is a great site. It helps us improve our vehicles and our relationships with each other. Yes, we do get into heated debates from time to time, but that's the very nature of humanity.

I dunno, on my second Sport Trac and never had any major issues. Been back to the dealer exactly twice, once for a power window switch that quit working and once for accessory belt drive noise for which there is a TSB.

Roger, what I meant was the ST is what brought us to this site and yes, we do find many things in common.

Latest posts