remote starter keyless entry

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I have a very weird question about 3 month ago i posted having a problem with my 09 st and my wifes 02 st having problems with there remote start and keyless entry fobs, what was happening is when we are at home both are remotes stop working it happened a couple of times and the everything was fine well again the same problem, I called ford and they had no ideas but when i drive a block from my house everything works ok.

When I return back to my drive way I have the same problem again it happens off and on and at no given time of day but it only seems to affect fords my friends with nissans and mazdas dont have any problems.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or would know what could interfear with fords remote starts I tryed disconnecting my WiFi and even my bluetooth on my Iphone oh i forgot to mention that the factory keyless entery still works when the remote start keyfobs stop....

thanks for your time and hopfully someone will have an answer seeing as ford was not to much help

Ryan,

Could your two vehicles systems be having a conflict? Have you tried driving both vehicles to a parking lot away from your home and see if the problem persists there?

Dave