Removing RR door panel to fix door lock

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collin Lyon

Reaction score
Hi Guys - haven't been in quite a while. Anyway, need help on a project.

The door lock on my right-rear door is not working. You hear the motor, but it won't lock/unlock - have to do it manually. When you hit the fob, instead of a quick 'thump' noise, like the other 3, the RR just 'buzzes'.

I just looked at the door panel, and have no clue on taking the panel off to get to the issue at-hand. I don't see anything obvious (screws, bolts, etc.) and I don't want to risk breaking anything.

Does anybody know, or have instructions, on taking this off? I think it's an easy fix.

Thanks, all!

Sounds like a door lock actuator (solenoid) issue. The nylon gears slip and causes the buzzing noise. Only way of getting clear access is by removing

the window channel guide. The actuator rivet does NOT need to be drilled out, just pry the bracket apart slightly. Hope your Gen 2 is similar. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
Two suggestions to add: You can see schematics at fordparts dot com. There are also plenty of DIY videos on YouTube like the one below.