removing rubber from bumper

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey B

Reaction score
I finally had an adjuster come to see me Trac from the accident at the dealer. The estimate will get me a new bumper cover. As you can see in the photo the drivers tire/wheel hit my bumper. I washed the truck today and want to get the black rubber off. It won't look too bad if I can get it off. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance!

Coastiejoe - 30905 for grey bumper cover if it's not too much trouble.

[Broken External Image]:

that bumper doesn't look too bad. Use the money that is suppose to get a new bumper and just tell the body man to feather edge those scratches and color match paint it. Just a suggestion.

I just want to get the black rubber marks off. I can live with the scrapes. Since it was entirely NOT any fault of mine, the estimate is for a new oem bumper cover. I'm thinking about a new bass and a hot shoe flash for my dslr;)

Anyway, I tried to scrub it with some household cleaner and a scotchguard pad. Just trying to get that black off.

I think I'll be doing most of the labor for the repair on the quarter panel as well. I can remove and install the tail light. I know the bed is in 3 pieces, has anyone taken a side off?

I dont know what others may think but if it is rubber from tires try using laquer thinner thats how we remove rubber from our race car bodies. I ran into a post awhile back and put paint on my truck took some thinner and it came off without harm just took some good wax to it afterwards.

Latest posts