Removing the factory bed liner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Kolb

Reaction score
So I've noticed that some people have taken the plastic out of their bed. What is under that thing? Is it something I could do if I wanted to deblack the thing or am I going to end up exposing tons of unpainted surfaces and/or scratched paint? I know some people here have done it, who has a picture of what's underneath? Thanks,

Who took the plastic out of their bed? As far as I know, there is nothing under there except the rear axel, gas tank, frame, etc.

Well, someone has at least removed the part that goes over the rail, no joke. Maybe that is all that comes off.

I have no idea what's under there. The only thing I know is that some members have hauled alot of weight...and there was no isuue with the weight. If the bedliner wasn't supported in some fashion...the amount of weight hauled never would have happened. So...what is under the bedliner???:unsure::unsure:

Nothing is under there. What you see is the bed. It is manufactured from plastic composite. It is not a liner. Some people have installed liners or sprayed on a liner.

The fenders and the wheel housings are attached to the bed which is attached to the frame. You can't remove the bed only.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Tracket Paul, you wouldn't happen to have side view pictures of the Trac with the bedrails removed would you?

There is one somewhere on the site without them, a white one. That is way to much work to clean it up after they're off. Thanks for the pics.

You can also take a look at ST'erriffic's trac <a href="http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/memberlib.asp?view=2161&top=1"target=top>Here</a> If you check the My ST and My ST all Apart folders you can get some other views. This should be the white ST referrenced above.

Too bad it looks so bad with them off, I wonder if any of those fiberglass bedrail protectors would be able to cover that up. Somehow I doubt it.

Latest posts