Replace tranny in 01 st

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary L

Reaction score
Well i just replace my tranny in my 01 ST that only have 53,000 with Remanufactory tranny from ford .Which cost $3200. for those who out there that planning on getting a rebulit tranny

the problem was it started to flare up about a year ago and now the o/d light starts to flash. after i took it in they said i need a new tranny ... and that i have no farward gear.

I guess i wont be getting the 07 .the guy @ the dealer told me that they're some issue on the 07 tranny also.

The issue with the 07 tranny is not that it blows itself up...... It is corectable by a ford computer flash..

$3200 is a lot of money to spend on a tranny...

Todd Z

I had spent $2500 for a new reman from Ford, it was installed by the Lincoln dealership. Rusty had set it up for me. It was well spent, the new tranny fixed all the problems the old one had. I have a 2001.

Have a good one

Bob

A reputable tranny shop can do a full rebuild, including new torque converter, and all upgraded parts for less than $2,000.00.

Tom