Rev limiter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got the X Cal II the other day and flashed it with the 87 program. I thought this was going to get rid of my rev limiter, or is this something I have to do from the peramiter menu? Also what Oct to run with the high program 92 or 93?:unsure:

It depends, I think he does a 87 octane performance tune as well as a 91 octane one. Which one did you get? I think this is what you were asking

That explains it. Do you remember what you ordered? 87 reg and 87 high or 87 and 92/93 high? Or something else. Best bet would be to contact the programmer/dealer. Did you get it from Wayne?

grump

Are you confusing the Rev Limiter with the Speed Limiter. They are different and have different functions.

The Rev Limiter only works when the transmission is in Park or Neutral and limits the revs to aout 3000 RPM to avoid engine damage. That's a go thing.

The Speed Limiter will limit the top speed to about 97 MPH. The main purpose is to limit the top speed so as not to exceed the speed rating of the OEM tires. There are also some people with early 2001 Sport Tracs that did not have the speed limiter set and received letters from Ford stating that the transmission output shaft bearings would not tolerate extended periods of driving in excess of 97 MPH. Those vehicles were reprogramed (without the owners consent) whenever they were returned to the dealer for any service.

...Rich

He may not have included it with the 87 tune and only with the high octane tune...

the high tune is basically for 91 octane and up. If you can get 100 like i can I had a special tune made..

Todd Z