reverse alarm location

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverBolt

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the reverse alarm "speaker" is located in a 2008 sport trac. Since it doesn't work I can't listen for it and my wife wants it fixed. Tried a few searches and came up dry.

Thanks

I was hoping someone would respond so i could find out what the the 'Reverse Alarm' is.

No such animal that I am aware on Gen1 Tracs.

I have an idea if what Ron may be speaking of but was not aware of it being an option on Gen2's.

The back sensor alarms. The type with the sensors built into the rear bumper. Yes they were on the 2008's because the one we own was sold new at our local dealership and I knew the previous owner. Ours worked when we got it but my wife said instead of the usual beeping when you get close to something it started to sound "funny" then it quit altogether. She wants it fixed but I don't know where the noise maker is located.

DO you have it enabled in the dash menu? Fuses OK?

I would bet it is behind the back panel on the passenger's side (opposite location of the subwoofer.

To those who were following this thread....

As I said, the alarm quit the other day and caused a message on the display to appear every time the vehicle was put into reverse. It read something like 'check reverse sensor alarm'.

I picked up a new "beeper" at our local Ford dealer (about 15 bucks) and replaced the old one. Everything is working perfectly now.

The beeper is attached directly to the backup module which is located behind the rear passenger seat. There is a flat panel between the seat backs and the bed of the truck. Simply remove the panel and insulation sheet and it will be located near the bottom on the passenger side. Very easy to do. All you'll need is a 7mm nut driver for the two screws located at the bottom inside of the storage compartment on the drivers side behind the rear seat. By the way, the beeper is fastened by two plastic clips and sticky tape.

I hope this information will help someone else with the same problem we had.

Silver Bolt,

Thank you for the update. I would suggest that you check/replace your 3rd brake light as it might be leaking water which may have caused the failure in the first place.

Latest posts