Rim and tire sizes???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Henke

Reaction score
im looking at getting some fancy rims and tires but im not sure what size would fit my st. i was thinking of a 20" rim with 275/45/20 tires. will this combo fit with no rubbing or changing my speedometer? also, if anyone out there has a white st with black rims can you post a pic so i can see what it looks like. thanks

That's the setup I have, 20" rims with 275/45/20. Your rubbing issues will be determined on the wheel that you choose. A wheel offset of +10 to +20 mm will work best and reduce the chance of rubbing issues. I have no rubbing problems with my new rims. I have a +20 mm offset. Your speedometer will be off slightly. Here's a tire size calculator that can help determine how much the speedometer will be off from your actual speed.

I have 20 x 8.5 TSW wheels with 275/45-18 tires. No rubbing problems and as for the speedo, they tires are about 1/2" shorter than my original 255/70-16's. It will affect the speedo, but no by much. I have a posting with pics a couple of pages back if you want to see them.

Latest posts