rollin over 100k

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike M 4

Reaction score
Well its rolling over 100 k today after work. So I thought I'd ramble on about my experience so far.

2002 4x4. Bought used with 44k on it. Here's what Ive had to do to maintain it so far:

Oil changes, mobile 1 and the ford filter.

2 flushes of the transmission one at 50 k and the other at around 95 k. Ive noticed that shifting from park to drive seems a little lazy, thats when I flushed the tranny. I usually waited until there was a deal from the local ford dealer. I think I paid about $90 each time. When it warms up Ill tackle the epc adjust...thanks for the project.

Sensa Track shocks-a no brainer

Front ceramic breaks and rotors, around 180 for the premium sets, at about 90 K, need to do the rear drums, or at least adjust them.

Rotate the goodyear tires, every once in a while, they still have about 1/3 tread left so probably next fall... and yes they are cupped.

Timing chain replaced by ford under extended warranty, cost me 100 and the job probably cost around $800.

D*mn rear door handles broken, I have the replacements $30, but have been too lazy to put them on yet.

DPFE replaced under warranty.

Remove bird remains from air filter-twice.

Replaced the roof brake light.

Oh, and the lumbar support adjustment has been broken since i got the truck.

Fluids etc.

Fuel economy ranges from 17-18 in winter driving, mostly freeway and a little around town, and on the highway I have gotten up to 23 mpg.

This is the first Ford I have owned since 1976. In general I have had good luck with all of my cars, except when I killed them, and this seems to be on par with them all. No complaints, and actually I would consider purchase of another. Its still a solid ride and really comfortable. It can be a little small with two kids in grade school, especially with all of the gear required for their support, but it fits in my smallish garage with all my other junk. That being said, I have hauled a ton with the truck. 10 sheet sheets of drywall, no problem. Two canoes-I have an extender that fits into the reciever, works great-Northern equipment. 14 foot aluminum boat squeeks in as well. I tow a trailer with 2 snowmobiles on it no problem. Ive towed a 24 foot junk travel trailer to the bone yard. Loaded up with cement bags, lumber you name it. Its a really versatile vehicle.

I have considered trading it off but with all the information on this site I have a pretty good feel for the weak spots and the important maintenance items. Here is looking forward to the next 100K.

Mike

Nice.. I too am about to join the 100,000 club. I agree w/ you completly on all the points you made about the versitilty (sp?). Congrats on the "High Mile club" (no pun intended, lol) and good luck on the next 100..

Keep on Trac'n baby!:D

Latest posts