rough engine

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfredo novo

Reaction score
My sport trac starts to sputter, tremble and will not increase power beyond 3rpms. I changed the EGR valve because my engine light was on and the code indicated that was the problem, but I quess it wasn't. It all started when my wife got a full tank of gas and took a ride down to Wildwood NJ. When she was almost there the engine stalled and let out a bad smell. She put some dry gas in the tank and it didn't stall again. That started the check engine light and rough engine noise. Has anyone had a similar problem. 2001 4wheel drive with about 60,000 miles on it.:wacko:

What was the code # ? It might be the DPFE sensor that controls the EGR...

Or it still might be some bad gas..as you said it started at fill up and helped when she put the additive in...

try the vaccum line elbow by the throttle body intake. i dont know how to link it but there os a project on it and also there is a pic in todd z's library on it. had the same prob and he helped me chnge it out and fixed the prob

paul:cool: