Rough idle after off-roading

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather inOC

Reaction score
Did some off-roading today and now the trac is running really rough. I know there was some water that got under the hood, but it's been 5 hours since I went and I would have thought things would be dried out by now. The check engine light is on and it keeps stalling. Any suggestions?

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

-Heather in OC

Open air filter? It's possible you got your MAF sensor dirty after your truck inhaled some water.

Heather,

Have the code read before you play around with anything else. If you have an Autozone near you they will read it for free and I'm sure a lot of other places will do it too.

George

There is no project on cleaning the MAF, Only the IAC...

Looking at what you did, I bet it is a silly wiring connection, Loose hose, or a dirty something..

Have the code read at a local store...

Todd Z

The auto zone on Raymond & Commonwealth has a code reader they should let you use to read it (at least they lent one to me to use in their parking lot). Or, if all else fails, you can use my ScanGage to read it. I am home at the moment.

I was able to find 2 of the 4 I think. Does this sound right??

P0190 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction

P0191 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance

P0190 FRP Sensor Signal Low.

P0191 Engine Fuel Temperature Sensor circuit.

Seems strange to me

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is is that the picture is of me going pretty fast, so there's a lot of splash, but the water was only 4-6 inches deep. I'm really kinda bummed out that this puddle has sidelined the trac :(

i have been in water to my doors with no problems but i drive slow in mud and water.cool pic though.this is 8'' to 12'' of mud

[Broken External Image]:

There is no project on cleaning the MAF

You know what, that's right. I recently cleaned the MAF myself using info I scrounged up from old messages. For some reason since then, my mind thinks there is a project on it. Sorry for the bad info Heather.

I was going decently slow

[Broken External Image]:

the front diff. had water in it after that. but no rough idle just a squeaky belt. Try letting everything dry out and reset the battery and see if you get the codes back, because everything might be wet or maybe just knocked around enough to come loose. sorry I can't be of more help.

Last edited by a moderator: