RPMTRENDS INTAKE...scammed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Mouser

Reaction score
well I got my intake I ordered from RPMTRENDS...I might have well just paid 30.00 for a cone filter and bought a $3 pvc flange....it didn't come with a MAF adapter...I also got 2 peices of tubing, 2 reducers (not couplings) a handful of hose clamps, the 4 bolts and nuts (to fasten MAF adapter)...didnt even get the vac hose that connects to the intake tube....I've emailed Bobbie Parrish with RPM Trends..no response yet!....help!

didn't even get installation instructions....any help would be appreciated...

on the smallest section of tube there is a little grommet..I have no Idea what would go in there[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

I'm willing to bet I could make that fit an '01 Job 1, but nothing else. The smaller piece would be the main shorter side, if you look at a MAC, there is a bend near the Throttle Body Cover. The flex tubing would connect the small and long pieces to make the bend.

yeah I'm sure I could make it fit...the couplings do seem smaller the TB though..I was hoping to come home today and just hook it up...but I can't attatch the filter without the adapter or buying a flange and modifying it first...disappointed

I know some guys here have bought these..I wanted to know if thiers came like this also

Thats a nice kit, besides the fact that it didnt come with instructions. Nothing these days is a 100% bolt on. There is no MAF adapter... what youll do is... dissasemble ur stock intake. the filter will clamp right onto the MAF sensor. then one of those reducers will go from the MAF to the Long Pipe. Then youll use that "coil hose" to connect the short pipe, then that last reducer to connect the the pipe to in throttle body. Then you can use that stock hard platic pip to go from the valve cover to the long piece of pipe. And if it doesnt fit switch the "coil hose" with the reducer. Just play around with it. I know you paid good money to meet personal expectations, and that they werent met, but instead of getting mad (which we all do) learn to have fun with your Trac. You might figure out a better way that it should be installed. Then you share it with your fellow Trac members. I eventually got tired of getting mad and cussing out parts stores so I just took my anger out in a better way. And if you notice... theres a lot of guys her on this site that write up these projects, and you sit there wondering "what made them think to do that?" Well this is how. :lol: