Running Board casualty

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris G

Reaction score
For all you Oregonians out there, my buddies and I were cruising some of the trails in the Tillamook Forest doing both Easy and Moderate trails.

For the most part my 07 rig did just fine but there were a few times when I bottomed out due to the low clearance of the 07. (Side note: I SURE WISH FORD WOULD RAISE THEM AN INCH!)

On one such occurance I bent and ripped off the metal of my passenger side running board. not to mention shattering the plastic. :angry:

Anyone know how much those are to replace? Also I was thinking about just removing them, does that increase the likelyhood of body damage to the bottom of the doors? I know the frame sits lower then the running boards but it seems like I have the most problem with the running boards. Anyone got a picture of a 2nd generation Trac without running boards?

Thanks

-Chris

I have an '07 and I removed my running boards. I had them off for a long time. Never had problems. But it does help in keeping the junk from the road bouncing up onto the door panels. To tell you the truth it didn't look very good. The running boards hide the chassis. I ended up prtting them back on.

I would say get a set of aftermarket running boards.

I agree. Now all we need is kit for the truck.

Here is a pic of it without running boards. I had to crop it from another pic so its not very good.

[Broken External Image]:

There is a guy that said he is running a f150 kit... probably just 1 inch or so...

Todd Z

Latest posts