S W Meet TOUR ~ Aug 5 ~ From the FORD Proving Grounds~UPDATE~

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypsy me

Reaction score
Folks,

the Aug 5 date of this meet is for the Proving grounds tour is totally FREE!

This is what I have......... Since the tour bus idea did not go over well.

I had to go another route. The Proving Grounds will drive 2 twelve passenger vans.

Thank you Ford Proving Grounds!

This means we have only enough seating for 20 people

These are the people that have signed up on the ONLINE FORM.

specifically for the Aug 5 date:

me 2

the Kimbros (2)

Chase 1

Mookie 2

Mark in AZ 1

DrtTrac 2

Nate 1

Jeff 2

Paul 1

Rodger (& Georgia) 2

I count 16 for the Tour???

Did I miss somebody? IF YOU WANT TO GO...PLEASE SIGN UP on the ONLINE FORM

20 PEOPLE can on this Tour

The Tour is Free and this also means... We will all TRAC to the proving Grounds so BRING Cameras (((however I don't know if we will be able to take pictures once inside the Proving Grounds.)))))) :) again PLEASE IF You really want to go...sign up state how many in your group

The Aug 6 date is the main core Meet date so if you can't make the Tour Do come to the Aug 6 date at the Colorado River Ford Dealership in Kingman! We have lots of Sponsers and goodies to be had! !

Last edited by a moderator:
ALSO ...if any of you folks are on the board this evening I will answer your questions regarding the meet or places to stay in Kingman things to do. etc...in the CHAT room this evening.

Thank you

:)

Hi Paul,

Tour is free period, if you look at any cost, it would be the gas we use in our own tracs to get to the proving grounds and back. Ford will use their passanger vans to take us on the tour. ps: Gas is cheaper in AZ :)

Folks, Here is the FLYER you can print out to give Trac owners you meet or See

Thank you Tipzter aka Chuck!

:::::::::::::::FROM FORD PROVING GROUNDS:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

UPDATE 7 29 05:

::::::::::FROM THE PROVING GROUNDS::::::::

Sheila,

I have your tour start time set for 12:30 pm on Friday Aug 5th, you can show up any time from 12:30pm to 1:00pm, max people allowed on the tour is 20.

Just a heads up the dress code on the proving grounds is as follows.

No open toe shoes.

No tank tops or sleeve less shirts.

No short shorts, if shorts are worn must be within a few inches of the knees.

No torn jeans ( large holes ect )

No cameras

No cell phones with cameras

Thanks,

Bob Howard

Test Coordination Section

Ok everyone I have 16 people signed up for this tour..... WE have ONLY 4 seats availible now.

Brunch/Lunch time 10 AM then 11:45 am to roll to the Proving Grounds. I like to be there right at 12: 30 because I am not sure where we need to be on the grounds *still waiting for that question to be answered.*

And I want to make sure we get there where we need to be before the 1:00 deadline

What would you like to do? We definately should eat before going.

7 days left till Tour date

Probably the fastest place would be a buffet. Golden Corral is very close to the dealership *right across the street* and has a variety of food. Then there is always fast food places, Kingman does not lack in eateries, but some of their services are s l o w. lol Does anyone have objections to Golden Corral?

Golden Corral

Cracker Barrel

Sonic Burger

Chilies

Subway

Del Taco

Taco Bell

I Hop

KFC

(Walmart has McDonalds inside) if you want that.

These places are either across the street from the dealership or within blocks of the dealership.

5 days until Tour day!

Looks like it will be 98F for the high and 70f for the low both days of the meet

30% chance of isolated rain scattered t-storms.

Now, dont get discouraged, I've seen it rain in view site of Kingman at the opposite end of town. Rarely does it rain over the entire town. Kingman is spread out. As for T-storms don't worry they are usually at a distance too, and VERY COOL to watch! I've lived in a few states, AZ's got the best sky shows I've ever seen!

PS, Still 4 seats left for the tourAug 5 ! Aug 6 date as many that wants to come!

I think it would be cool if you could line up like 10 Tracs in a row at Sonic, since it's drive in style.

That's an idea for Friday night! Some of the classic cars show up there on Friday and Sat. nights. And we can all check out those rides!

Still 4 seats availible for the Tour Aug 5 totally free, we are trac'ing to the grounds.

OH, for the group pic at the grounds and one of the presentation to the grounds from us.

Mr Howards says an APG photographer can take these two pics.

OH, for the group pic at the grounds and one of the presentation to the grounds from us.

Mr Howards says an APG photographer can take these two pics.

GM,

Would you further explain this, please?

Mookie I wondered that too! "Arizona Proving ground" photographer.

They are a secured facilty. I am assuming they have one person that is designated for photos.

Latest posts