SAT Button

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnM LowryJr

Reaction score
Can you use the SAT plug on the back of the factory radio (audiophile 6CD) for anything. Like

plug in a or just add a 3.5 MM jack adapter. Without using the overpriced adapters for Ipods. Or does any one have a pinout diagram for that plug so I can try it?

:eek:nline:

I wonder about that SAT button myself. Just never have researched it.

Back in '07, married at the time. My wife got a '08 escape with the sirrus and one year free. When I registered it. The rep asked what other vehicle I had. When I told him about the trac and the SAT button. He knew what I had. He said as a new member. I would get a free bonus unit, to install in the trac. With a free subsription, added to the escape.

He took all my info. So I thought it was for real. Sirrus didnt know what I was talking about. Never got anything. Dont like liers..:throwup:

PAC makes an adapter that will allow RCA-ins to work with the SAT button. I believe it's model no. FRD03 or something close to it. There is no simple way to do this, as you must fool the unit into thinking the attachment is a SAT radio.

Latest posts