SATURN MOTOR KILLER UPDATE II PERFECT REPAIR

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Oliver

Reaction score
Went over to the local AutoZone and they where more then happy to loan me the reader. Instead of them doing the reading they loan the tool, guess that's how they get around the leagal end of the business.

Had code P0300 which was “random or multiple misfire” and was caused by the water in the plug/wire housing shorting out. I was able to diagnose and ease the code.

Thanks Caymen I went ahead and bought a reader at AutoZone, where as Pep Boys was wanting $89 to read the code I went ahead and got the $130 version. Appreciate the offer. Please let me respond in kind soem time.

I went a head and replaced the plugs and wires and the car is running real smooth. What a difference.

Hey, to all you SoCal ST’ers I have the state of the art OBD reader and if anyone needs a read I’m more then glad to loan it out.

Thanks for all the maintenance advise and help. My son will be getting a well taken care of car brought to you by My Sport Trac.

Thanks guys…

XMark3

Just a heads up, I have this code when at hwy speeds and over 4800 RPM. Mine is a 2001. Plugs and wires have been changed. Several trips to the dealer never resolved it.

There is a TSB for this issue as described above, something about exhaust valves hanging open and causing a misfire condition. The solution is to replace the valves.

Cool, Glad it is fixed....

Todd Z