Scan Gauge Info

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slimer

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been hiding in the shadows for some time and taken a lot of ideas from this site so I thought that I would share my own in return. This is my Aeroforce Scan Gauge in dash setup using a Rousch Mustang gauge pod.

http://www.roushperformance.com/parts/Mustang-Gauge-Pod-2005-2009-also-fits-F150-2004-2008.html

The install was fairly easy. The Mustang vent is much smaller than ours but as you can see it can be made to fit with ease. I popped my vent out of the dash and found that the louvers in it come out easily. I then had to Dremel two pieces in the back of it so that the Mustang gauge would go in. Once I had them trimmed to the point that the new pod would be centered it slide right into place.

The Rousch directions mention cutting a hole in the HVAC tube to allow for the wire to pass through to the gauge but I did not have to do this. The wire is thin enough that the foam around the Explorer vent gave room for it when I put it back in with no effort.

I was concerned that not being able to control the direction of the flow of air would cause a problem. I had thought that air from the vent would spread more and hit me in the face constantly depending on fan speed. Actually the air flows nicely between the window and my ear towards the back seat. In a normal driving position it does not bother me at all no matter how fast the blower is. If I lean towards the window (or hold my hand up to it obviously) I can feel it but again a normal driving position is not an issue.

I was excited and in a hurry to get it in place so I can only show you the finished product. I hope you like it. This if my first post so hopefully the picture will show up and it's sized right.

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it.

SVT - It plugs in to the OBD port and basically shows everything that the computer knows. (Coolant temp, trans temp, air intake temp, MPH, RPM, etc, etc.) There is a bunch more. I just cant think of them all.

It can display one or two parameters at one time. I usually watch the coolant and tranny at the same time. You just tap the buttons and move on to the next display you choose when you set it up.

It came in real handy on my 1st gen. For example, one day the coolant temp numbers started jumping around from say 100 degrees back to 195 and everything in between. I thought maybe it was a gremlin but after another day of this I popped the hood and found that the thermostat housing had split open and was leaking. The computer was sensing the rapid change in temp but the needle in the dash never moved to indicate anything. I also use it to read and clear codes such as when the infamous elbow failed.

For me on the 1st gen, having it on the column, it blocked the emergency brake light so I am real happy with how it is a part of the dash in my 2nd gen.

Here is a link to their site. http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

Hey, I wonder now if they'll offer me a kickback for helping to push their product. (kidding)

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts