screwed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh Luther

Reaction score
So I went to unlock my2007 sport trac XLT with the key fob and the doors wouldn't unlock with it. I tried the other one no luck. tried the keypad on drivers door same thing. I unlocked it manually and opened the door and the interior lights weren't working. Put the key in the ignition and turned it on, nothing is working. I assumed the battery was bad and replaced it, and that didn't solve my problem. I checked the fuse for the PATS module and ignition, and it was good. The alarm indicator light in the center of the dash is flashing as if it were armed. I imagine I will have to get it towed to the dealer to get towed to the dealer to get it fixed. In the meantime I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my issue.

If you have an aftermarket alarm, that may be the problem. Had weird things happens with my old Viper alarm on my Honda. This happened when my battery had a bad/corroded connection.

From my past experience, Check your battery charge, and that you have a good, clean, and solid battery connections before you spend any big money to resolve the problem. Some alarm systems check for changes in battery voltage, and will go crazy when the battery gets weak or has a poor connection.

...Richard

The battery in the truck is brand new and fully charged though.

The alarm/keyless entry is the one that was installed from the factory.

Does anyone have any other ideas of what could be wrong before I end up spending big money at the dealer?

I have been reading that the smart junction box could be an issue, but would like other input to confirm.

Thanks.

The anti theft ligh does flash with either key I have. But my keyless entry doesn't work. My new battery I installed 5 days ago is dead. Are there any modules that can drain the battery if they fail?

Every module on the vehicle can drain the battery if it fails. I was thinking that you may just have a cable issue and therefore the multimeter would have been needed but it sounds like you have more going on than a multimeter is going to be able to diagnose.

So when you put the key in the ignition and turn it on the dash doesn't light up at all? Do any of the accessories work?

None of the accessories or dash lights are working on my sport trac putting a key in the ignition and attempting to start it. Not even the interior lights. We are getting it towed to the dealer next week to have them fix it. So until then, any other info is most appreciated.

Follow the + battery cable to where it enters the SJB and check the battery voltage there. If there is no voltage then the problem lies within the cable between it and the battery. If you have voltage there then you are really kind of stuck as you need a scan tool to go any further. I assume that you have already checked all of the vehicles fuses.

I have power at the SJB to the fuses that are supposed to be powered up at ignition off. We are toing it to the dealer tomorrow for a Monday appointment. I guess I am out of luck for now. I'll let ya"ll know what the problem ends up being.

Well everyone, my sport trac is fixed. The main wiring harness had a bunch of broken wires. The tech repaired them and everything is ok, 530.00 later.

Latest posts