SCT chip

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh mcleod

Reaction score
Anyone try this chip from fast parts?

SCT 4 program EEC chip 299$

Six Function, Four Program - Four Bank Chip

User selects one of four programs via a dial 0, 1, 2, 3.

Program 4 is Stock

5, 6, 7 NO START

AF Ratio adjustment across the RPM range

Timing based on load / RPM +

Auto trans shift points, Line pressure adjustment

Rev / speed limiter

Speedo calibration for gear changes

Idle & 2 step rev limiter on certain manual trans Mustangs

Open / Closed loop adjustment

O2 sensors

Maf / Injectors

EGR / boost bypass valve shut off

Hi speed fan temp on /off

And much more.

We custom program every chip based on your vehicles needs and modification list. Wide band / data log tuning is also available to our local customers as well. Just like you, we are hard core Ford enthusiasts working on and modifying our vehicles since 1991."

Is this a piggy back chip. Or a unit to reflash the computer.

I would recomend the sct xcal3 from fast parts. You can have Torrie to program all that plus. It will download the oem program into the handheld. Then you upload a conplete different program into the ecu.

It has been tried and prooved on many of our tracs.

If it is a piggy back chip. It only overrides the oem programing. Then you also have to woorry about corrosion between contacts.

Ditto Eddie. Most buyers would likely opt for the XCal3 handheld at $80 more.

Added benefits are email tuning, remote data logging, DTC reading, and resale.

Torrie offers both, highly recommend consulting him for info and details. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it does use a ODBll port.

I just love the idea of selecting different tunes on the fly (sometimes there are other people driving my Trac). I have a locked xcal that I'm still able to data log and read codes with, picked it up for 50$. I was gonna just get it unlocked but I'm starting to lean more towards a chip. Another cool feature of the chip is its also an engine immobilizer

I found the instructions online for the chip. After quickly read though I now realize the chit doesnt use the OBDll port. Sounds a little more involved then just plugin it in.

Josh,

The problem with changing tunes on the fly, is. You can only change to a tune for the octane of fuel in your tank. If you switch to a 93 tune with 87 in the tank. You may cause pre-det. Blow a hole in a piston.

Jim,

You cant piggy back a chip. Until you get your Oem tune reloaded.

Latest posts