sct tuner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuse is blown to your OBD port in the truck.....

Todd Z

Fixed fyi was the fuse for the cigarette lighter port where radio is and that fuse powers the obd to. Now next question is tunes I was tunning the 83fuse tune today for the first time and it threw like 6to codes with check engine light and also while driving casually the vehicle stalled out while in motion and would not stay on after cranking I literally got stuck on the side of the road and could nlt move good thing is tuner was in the truck and I put it back in stock. And could drive fine then. Any he'll on this

tunning the 83fuse tune today for the first time and it threw like 6to codes with check engine light

Your statement is confusing. Are you sayingthis is the first time for a 93 octane tune. If so you must have a tank of 93 octane fuel first. Low octane with the 93 tune can cause problems. The timing is set for the 93. Including the advance curve.

You might try again with the right fuel. After retuning, disconect the battery - for 10 minutes. Start it let it relearn the idle for a few minutes. Then drive it.

If that doesnt work. Email the tune to Torrie. Let him look at them. Could be a problem in the program.

Have you used this tuner on your ST before or did you buy it used?

Also, did you try any of the other tunes before returning it to stock?

Roy,

If you bought the one in swap and sale from mprimo. Your ECU code has to be the same. If not you will need to get our sponsor Torrie to tune it to your ECU. $150 for three tunes.

I think you called it Eddie. Very little chance that '01 and '04 codes would match.

I should have proof read that message before I sent it it was typed from my cell phone and my phone autocorrected crazy stuff I used the 87 tune with the tank of 87 fuel then I threw a bunch of check engine light codes most codes we're dealing with fuel I did by the used 1 it was unlocked it was from a 2001 sport trac with the same ecu code as mine . I did not however restart the battery I only tried the 1 soon and then put back to stock I figured I would ask on the forum first being as I've never used a tuner before

If our sponsor Torrie @ unleashed was the tuner.

I would let him have a look at it. Verifiy the ECU and check the tunes. The Xcal is just an uploading device. Same as a usb memory. I have lost info on those. Something could have glitched. The battery was a sujestion. I never have to on mine.

Might save your self a headache. Or damage to the OEM program.

Also you must folow the steps in the book exactly. After the upload. I also back the flasher, back to the main screen before unpluging it.

I followed all instructions when I did it and also backed back out ti the main after the tune I guess something is wrong with my 87 tune bc I have no idea why so many codes threw up and stalling and not being able to keep it cranked. Guess ill just email torrie

Latest posts