Seat belt buzzer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIM KUBE

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the buzzer for seat belts is located and how to disconnect. Do to surgery i can't where it right now and it driving me crazy

The Easiest and Fastest way I have found to get rid of it while not cutting into wires or disconnecting components is to simply fasten it w/ engine running and then taken it right back off. Then you will still have it once you have healed from your surgury and it might keep you from paying the state due to getting pull over for not having the seat belt on. Hope this helps! :D

There is a way listed in the owners manual, but it only works if you have the 2nd or third edition of the manual. The 1st edition manual for the 2003(which I see that you have) had the way to disable it from the 2002 manual, and it DOES NOT WORK for the 2003. That's why there is so much confusion about how to disable it on the 2003s. I tried it about 10 times with the old directions I had until someone here came up with the right sequense. I'll look it up when I get home if someone has not posted it here before then.

The buzzer itself is Incorporated with other components. So disabling it will also disable things like the head light reminder and the key reminder.

Simply push the seatbelt button before or when belt minder goes off and it's gone. Until you restart the engine once again of course. Works with my '02.

Try the link below. Put in the year, model etc to get the manual. Pages 84 and 85 of the 4th edition of the manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
I turned off the buzzer it worked great Thanks everyone for your help also changed shocks today what a difference