seat belt chime,

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh ryan 3

Reaction score
I have tried to turn off the seat belt chime in my 2005 sport trac the way the manual said to, but that didn't work after trying for over and hour. Anyone have any ways as to how to get it to stop beeping.javascript:insertAtCursor(document.forms['MESSAGEFORM'].MESSAGE,':throwup:')

Josh- Follow the BeltMinder deactivating procedure with this exception:

3. Buckle, then unbuckle, the safety belt THREE times, ending with the

safety belt unbuckled. This can be done before or during BeltMinder

warning activation.

(Some manuals say NINE times) Three clicks worked for me.

* Try this procedure in NEUTRAL if this does not work. GL

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE, ALWAYS USE SEAT BELTS WHEN DRIVING.

Thanks Steve and Josh for reminding me to do this.

I always wear my seatbelt but when I'm moving the trailer around or just need to move the truck around the yard, etc., it gets annoying.

:banana::supercool::haveabeer:

Scott, here's what you do:

With the vehicle in Park or Nuetral and parking brake set (if manual transmission)

Turn the key in the on/run position

Buckle and unbuckle three times

Turn headlight switch on and off

Buckle and unbuckle three times

Wait to see seatbelt light flash.

My seatbelt light didn't falsh like it says in the book but it still worked. Steve or Josh correct me if I forgot anything, going by memory since my wife ahs the truck right now. I don't think I forgot anything but ya never know my memory isn't what it used to be.

:banana::driving::supercool:

1.Set parking brake.

2.Place vehicle in park (auto) or Neutral (manual).

3.Ignition key is in OFF position.

4.Close all doors.

5.Unbuckle driver's safety belt.

6.Park lamps/headlights are in the OFF position.

Deactivation procedure:

1.Turn the ignition switch to the Run position (DO NOT START ENGINE).

2.Wait appx 1-2 min until the safety belt warning light turns off.

Steps 3-5 must be completed within 1 min or the procedure must be repeated.

3.Buckle and unbuckle the safety belt 3 times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.

4.Turn the headlamps ON then OFF.

5.Buckle and unbuckle the safety belt 3 more times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. The warning light will illuminate for 3 seconds.

6.Within 7 seconds of the safety belt light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. Belt Reminder Chime is disabled/enabled.

The safety belt warning light will flash for 3 seconds to confirm that Belt Reminder is disabled.

Reactivation procedure:

To reactivate the Belt Reminder Chime, follow the same procedure for deactivation. When you have completed the procedure, the safety belt warning light will flash for 3 seconds, turn off for 3 seconds, and flash again for 3 seconds to confirm that the Belt Reminder Chime os enabled.

Thanks Steve for the actual directions, I don't have them with me. I didn't have the e-brake set and it still worked. Oh well, atleast I got rid of that annoying beltminder noise. Thanks again!!!

:haveabeer::supercool:

No problem Jerry. I just copied and pasted an earlier post. Enjoy the silence! :supercool:

LaRue, it's here too! LOL

I wonder.................................. let's see if ford makes this standard... hmmmm out to the van I go.

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry::angry::angry:

This procedure worked on my 3 Rangers and works on my 04 ST with one exception. If the belt is not buckled, I will get one set of chimes and then it will not chime again. Is that normal or should it never chime like on my Rangers?