Seatbelt chime?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get rid of that seatbelt chime? It's a 2003 XLT and if your seatbelt isn't on when you begin driveing, It will chime and chime and chime untill you put it on.

I know I should wear it but it still gets to me.:)

In the owners manual IT is completely explained in there... IS about a 12 step process to do it..

Todd Z

Stone, No noise from mine. I just get a red light for a min or so, thats it...

John and Linda your welcome...

Todd Z

Mine satys on like you said for about a minute then "dings" then goes off for good after that. Not that I drive alot without the seatbelt. (actually it's pretty much never) I did it for when I'm using the truck in the yard to move dirt and such.;)

g.grimes, Ford figured that out too. It only works up to 2002. Nothing newer.

John, read through the directions a few times as it can get confusing. It has to be done in a certain order an in a certain time frame.

Not hard, just a hassle is all..

Actually its very simple to do and free, at least in Canada its free.

First let me say this........please use the seat abelt everytime you get in the vehicle. I have far too often seen unnecessary injuries and death that could have easily been avoided had the passengers been wearing the seat belt. In over 30 years of service I have never seen an injury made worse by using the seat belt nor a situation where it was better to be ejected from the vehicle. Your seat belt is the first and best line of defence. Please use it.

Now, go to your Ford dealer and tell them you have a fat mother-in law and you need seat belt extensions for her because the belsts don't fit around her and presto..............free extensions. Get two and when they are inserted into the female end of the belt harness you will not get the chime. If you don't get them for free send me an e-mail and I'll go to my dealer and get you a set. DThis absolutely will work. It does on my 05

BUT........use the seat belt.

Gerry

Latest posts