Seatbelt reminder

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D J

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many models will do this, but I have an 04 Sport Trac. Does anybody know how to get the seatbelt chime from dinging for like 10 minutes. I know...if you buckle up it will not do this...but is there another way to get it to stop without affecting the airbags?

Check out this thread ........If you do a search on Seatbelt you will find lots of reading .

Hope this is of some help.

Last edited by a moderator:
tracnutz, that will not work on 2003 and newer Ford Vehicles.

(Seems they caught on and eliminated that as being an option).

Simple alternative: get the latch (male) piece from a wrecking yard and put it in the catch part (female). That makes the connection without wearing the belt.

I HAVE FRIENDS THAT WORK AT FORD DEALER. THERE IS NO WAY TO STOP DINGING. UNLESS YOU PLUG IT IN THEN RELEASE THE BUCKLE. I TRIED THIS MYSELF. I EVEN DISCONECTED THE WIRE THAT GOES TO SEAT BELT, THAT IS UNDER THE SEAT. HOWEVER WHEN YOU DO THIS. IT DISCONECTS THE AIRBAG. ITS A SAFETY FEATURE THAT FORD PUT IN, SO WE WOULD PUT ON SAFETY BELT. SO AS FAR AS I KNOW, JUST PLUG IT IN FOR A MINUTE, THEN DICONECT IT. TOM

looks like i'm going to just have to buckle up...i've just never had a vehicle that dinged for that long.

Buckle up. It could save your life. If my father had he might still be here today. If the State of OK DOT hadn't tried to save a buck by patching the side-wall of a tire on their state truck that had a blow-out and crossed the line and hit him head on, he might also still be here today. The combination of no seat belt and a bad head on collision killed him on the spot.

You are safer buckled. It's a fact. Sure, everyone knows a story about a third-cousins brother who was thrown clean of a wreck, saving his life; but that's an anomoly.

The funny thing is that the standard profile of those that seem to be against wearing seatbelts is often that of a NASCAR fan, yet all NASCARs have safety restraints up the whazzo....even more now, with new ones that would have probably saved Dale Sr.

TJR

cantex,

it doesn't work anyway. I've tried it dozens of times, I've had friends try it and I've even had my local ford dealership try it (although those guys are waterheads, so I don't have a lot of faith in them haha). I also have a 2003. I've pretty much learned to ignore it now. The idea above, taking a seatbelt latch from a junkyard and plugging it in there is probably your best bet if you want to get rid of it. Of course you could always wear your seat belt. ;)

Dang! I didn't know the belt wires under the seat being disconnected disables the airbag! Whoever owned my ST before me CUT the wires at the connector. :angry: I'll be fixing that right away now. :eek:

As always, good info on MYST.com. Thanks folks! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I went through the process outlined in the manual to shut them off, and it only worked until the next time I started my car up.

I wear my seat belt 99% of the time, the only time it is nice is when I am moving stuff around like trailers and crap on my property.

Good luck, I think the 03's are rigged!

There is a different procedure for 03. I can't find that post anymore, but Hal, a Ford Tech posted it and it did work. It was just a little different from the on in the manual. I had it disabled on my 03.

Is there that many people who still don't wear seatbelts? The only thing more ascenine than people who don't wear SAFETY devices is complaining that they can't shut off the reminder noise. Yikes!

Jenn, I wear mine all the time, but when I open a gate, get in the truck, drive through and get out again to close it, or when I am driving in a field and getting out every 100 m to check soil depths etc. the chime gets really annoying.

Dana - you may have solved an age old question most women have had "why do men do/think these things?"

Olaf - I completely understand what you are saying and agree with your reasoning. I guess I should have directly pointed my argument to the people who want to turn it off for driving purposes. I apologize for that. However, I guarantee there are people who want to shut if off because it "annoys them while they are driving". That, to me, is just sad.

Latest posts