Seeing more sport tracs now that I have one

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen Smith

Reaction score
Yesterday I had to pick up my son from elementary school since the normal routine was disrupted. I pulled up into the small drop off/pick up loop in front of the school, looked around and there were 2 white sport tracs in the loop with me. :) Of course, mine being dark blue it was the prettiest. :)

I also noticed a white one on my street the other day with firefighter emblems and red pinstriping.

I love my Trac.

I picked up my ST in 02, and it seemed the only ST's out there were people who were part of mysporttrac - a dime a dozen for sure. The other day, I was making a turn, and there were 3 ST's in front of me. The uniqueness is definitely over. I have had more then my share of people stop and talk to me about the ST. I'm hitting 55K and have not had any major issues.

I did see the 07 at my dealership a few weeks ago..... WOW. I liked it a lot.

Dan

That seems to happen when you buy a vehicle. My wife used to have a Grand Am in which the inside left brake light would burn out every few weeks. After a while I noticed that almost every late-model Grand Am had a burned out inside left brake light. It's true.

Of course, mine being dark blue it was the prettiest.

You know this.

Yeah, I started noticing them even more after I got mine. I think JohnnyO's right though, it happens with whatever car you're happily driving. It's a psychological thing.

I also notice a lot of burned out tail lights, but those are Chevy Trailblazers.

There's a dozen in and around my town. There's a gold one that putts around and once in awhile, I see a yellow one. Mostly, there green, blue or red ST's. But mine is the only silver cream puff with the www.webxtreme.com decals baby!:rolleyes:

The 3rd brake light is burnt out in almost ALL ST's I see... Just for that reason I check mine about once a week.

We experienced the same thing. When we bought our 86 Bronco we had hardly seen any, within a month of having it they were everywhere.

Samething with my ST. Around here most are stock so I get a little joy knowing that mine is still something special.

JKII- Oh, yeah, thats right. There's a guy at my work who has a silver one like mine with a burnt out light. I just want to change it myself for him in the parking lot someday. It bugs me so.

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually judge the number of ST's out there, by the amount of items for sale on Ebay! When I bought mine in Sept. 03, there were only a couple hundred of items for sale, but you look now and there's 500-600 items. Cool!:cool: