Selling the Trac...already purchased replacement...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Strachan

Reaction score
Well, the time had come to get rid of the Sport Trac. It has been a great truck for the past two years, but I was ready for a change. Last week I drove off the lot in a 2006 Toyota Tacoma Crew Cab PreRunner with the TRD Sport package. The truck is amazing...quiet, smooth ride, great gas milage, and looks real nice (Radient Red). I've already done a road trip to Northern California and averaged 20 mpg both ways, along with driving through central California on the back roads and driving in the snow up north. All in all the truck has performed perfectly and there's nothing to complain about. Now just have to sell the Trac...I'm sure going to miss it. Thanks to all for the help on this site with the numerous questions I had. I'm sure I'll still be stopping in here every now and then to see how things are going.

-Mike

PS...anyone know of a site that is SOMEWHAT as good as this one (of course, nothing can top this site) that is offered for Tacomas? :)

Good luck finding a site with repair info for Tacomas (cause they don't need any!!!!) :eek::eek::eek:

Have fun with it! My dad loved his Tundra until he traded for a Ridgeline.

Read the Tacoma websites. They have plenty of problems. They need plenty of attention to repairs.

Tom

Michael: Good luck with the new Tacoma. I'm sure it will be a reliable and fun truck to own and drive.

Instead of saying things negative like someone who has never owned and has no daily practical experience with a non-Ford make, I'll attach a link to the Toyota user's group. It's not directly geared to Tacoma trucks, but you'll find useful info there.

Funny, someone says something flawed about Ford, I simply say Toyota has plenty of problems and I get flamed. Funny isn't it?

Honestly, I don't care. I will drive my Ford, like all my other ones, well over 100,000 miles. My brother and sister will drive thiers well over 200,000 miles, while my uncle is driving his F-350 into 350,000 miles. Besides normal wear and tear, they handle my abuse.

FWIW, I frequent that Toyota owners website to get help with my nieces Toyota Tacoma and my buddies Tacoma. They are both far from flawless.

Tom

Way to go Caymen! Let them know THE REAL DEAL! ALL are man made, and subject to failure. I too, will drive my 01 ST until it actually dies - then buy another one just cause I like Ford vehicles more than I do a lot of other makes. I don't care who buys what, I DO care about what I buy. If those other makes are so great, why do they have mechanics on duty?

;):lol::lol:

Another uncle said the same thing. His comment was almost identical to yours.

It was something like...

"You go down to the dealer and they have a garage full off mechanics and they are always busy. Lexus, BMW, Toyota, Honda, Nissan, GM, VW, or anyone else. They have them repairing cars 6 days a week."

Tom

Try www.toyotanation.com/forum -- I have a Toyota Matrix, and I have been able to get some useful information from there (not nearly as good as this site is though).

MTURocks: that's true, with any website you're gonna have to deal with 'fanboys' who have no clue what they're talking about.

Oh the drama!!! Why is it that people have to be so "well, if you go and look you'll see that .... has many problems too"? NO SOONER does someone buy something different the there soon follows the "that brand's better" replies.

ALL the motor vehicle manufacturers have problems, SOME less than others...... so quit with this stupid crap about how one is "better" than the other. Freakin' little babies!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh,

I also think some people just have problems with some brands and not with others.

I can't wear Reebok shoes. I have tried to, but they wear our too fast. Six months and they are falling apart. Nike, on the other hand, last me a year.

I hate Nokia cell phones. I know people that have had a Nokia Cell phone for 4 years and still works great. I had two of them and both were garbage. Nothing but problems from the get go.

I run the crap out of my vehicles and they keep running. If it can handle my abuse it is tough in my book. Anyone that rides with me usually says it was thier first and last ride.

Tom

Well Tom, at least with shoes you actually TRY the competition before deciding they don't fit your requirements. :)

And I did answer the OP's question for a member's site.

Last edited by a moderator: