Selling the Trac...already purchased replacement...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any evidence that says Consumer Reports is never wrong? You like to use one sided arguments and expect everyone to prove thier side while you make empty statements.

Telphia, a private company, testing the Cingular network. Consumer reports said Cingular had the most droped calls. How did they test it?

Show me something that says Consumer Reports is never wrong.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
>> Do you have any evidence that says Consumer Reports is never wrong?

There is a common belief that one "can't prove a negative", which, actually is not true. It is often more DIFFICULT to prove a negative assertion, but they can be proven. (google "prove a negative" and you will see what I mean about the misconception).

Consumer Reports does just that, they REPORT. They report on the results from consumer opinion surveys, they report on their own researchers experiments and tests.

But, note, Caymen, I said that they report on "opinion surveys".

Go back and re-read my point about "opinions" being subjective, and perception being subjective, and therefore seemingly quantitative things like "quality" actually varys from person to person.

However, if you have a "supposedly" unbiased organization like CR, and they use a large enough sample/opinion pool, than we SHOULD assume their reports have merit.

We may not agree with them whole-heartily, and we may have emperical evidence that contradicts the reports, but we can't in good, logical conscience dismiss them is WRONG. Their reports have value and merit.

Does that mean that CR never reports a clunker as a winner, or vice-versa...no, of course not. Given the years they have been doing this, and the number of surveys and opinions they have published, I am sure a few times they have bet the wrong horse.

Look at it this way. Maybe you are a person that likes the Strawberry ice cream in a box of Neopolitan, I mean you REALLY, REALLY like it! However, a VERY LARGE sampling of people were surveyed as to their preference, and only 10% said they preferred the Strawberry over the Chocolate and the Vanilla. Okay, you get the picture? Now, given that picture, would it be "right", or "valid" for you to say:

"Those people that don't prefer Strawberry, they just don't know ice cream. Strawberry is the best. I have always had more pleasure from eating Strawberry and my friends all like Strawberry. I'm sorry, but I just DON'T BELIEVE the survey!"

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
CU is a NON-PROFIT organization for CONSUMERS. NO agenda.

Is that what they say?

Be civil or I will contact Rich Stern about your language. I am polite to you and I expect the same in return.

Opinions are not facts.

Very true. CU uses opinions and says they are facts.

:rolleyes:

Tom

Be civil or I will contact Rich Stern about your language. I am polite to you and I expect the same in return.

I keep reading to see what was said, but the worst word I saw was "crap" or "hell". I don't think those have been banned words here before. I have seen much more disrespectful posts here before towards others. It isn't like he came out and called you a name. He may have implied it, but he didn't actually say it.

Also, I don't think it is polite to argue until your blue in the face about something that is pointless to argue about. All that accomplishes is to make someone mad. I mean if a person actually has something enlightened to pass on, which will provide a convincing argument, that is one thing, but to just keep on nagging and nagging without any real knowledge of the suject at hand, it is just irritating.

I think some people just need to be more open-minded and less thin-skinned around here. Michael S came here and said he bought a new vehicle, and not one post congratulated him on his new ride, asked for photos or asked him to drop by every now and then to say "Hi". It's no wonder he never responded to any further posts. :blink:

Uhh Nelson, you missed mine - I did tell him good luck with the new ride and gave him a website to check out re Toyotas :)