Sensa-Trac vs. Reflex

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim ash

Reaction score
Hello-

I know the topic of shocks has been about beat to death, but here is one more..........

I want to upgrade my 2002. I never go offroading , just back and forth to work and highway driving.

Sears has the Monroe Sensa-Trac for $37.99 installed and the Monroe Reflex for $61.99 installed.

Is the difference enough to warrant the $24(x4) cost or will I never know the difference driving on the highway.

Or should I stay away from these Monroe shocks and order some Rancho RSX's.

any info would be great.

Thanks

Jim

YES !!!!!!!!!!!:D:D THE REFLEX WAS THE BEST I HAD IT ON MINE WITH THE NEW GODDYEAR FORTERA TIRES !!!!! AMAZING !!!!!!!!

I have a 2002 as well. I just changed over to Sensa Tracks a couple of months ago. I could not justify the difference in price between them and the reflexes... I bought them at a local auto parts store for about what the sears price was and did them myself.-Sears took over a month to get the parts in....by that time I had already replaced them. WOW what a difference, I am totaly happy with the ride. I dont off road, I drive to work 30+ miles one way on the freeway and city streets. With that said, I would like to see for myself the performance difference between the reflexes and sensa tracks. If you are looking to save a couple of bucks, shop for prices in you area, and put them on yourself. I did mine in about an hour and a half which included consumption of 2 carbonated adult beverages. The project section on this site has an excellant set of instructions with pictures, thanks again to the project originator.

I got the Reflexes and they made a huge improvement over stocks. They're quite stiff. I've never tried the Sensa-Tracs but from what I gather they are not as stiff as the Reflexes. When the time comes I may try out the Sensa-Tracs for a softer ride.

I would try BDS shocks. The Rancho/Monroe are made with rubber bushings. They will rot in time. The BDS are made with Neoprene Buchings and will not. I have them on my 05 Jeep Liberty CRD and they seem to be working great!

I have the Sensa-Tracs and really like them. They ARE stiffer than factory. Never had an opportunity to ride in a ST with Reflex's, so have no experience on those. 99% of my driving is on-road also, so I didn't need a stiff off-road shock.

The Sensa Tracs are a self adjusting for load shock, I believe the Reflex is a step up since they cost more then the Sensa Tracs. I had the Sensa Tracs on my 98 Explorer they were firm but a bit harsh without a load. I have the Reflex's on my Sport Trac now and I think they have a better ;)ride.

That's interesting Greg. I was under the impression that Sensa-Tracs were just softer all around compared to the Reflexes. I'm surprised you feel the Sensa Tracs were harsh over the Reflexes.

Latest posts