Shifting problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the hesitation when accelerating is one of the symptoms of P0193..
it could be many things (bad fuel pump or filter, wiring etc) but often it is the sensor as swshawaii says.
I have the 2004 and P0193 was the sensor on mine, replaced it and all the stutters etc went away. It's a fairly simple job, pull off the hose, push down on little tab and unclip electrical connector, unscrew two T30 torx bits. Remove and replace.

Attachments

• ford p0193.png
    ford p0193.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 99
Thank you. Where did you find the part? I know can’t go to Ford because the trucks more than 10 years old and Amazon is really iffy because I bought some parts on there before and didn’t work for my truck so just wondering where would be a good place to get that part.

Bosch 0261230093 fuel pressure sensor is an EXACT fit for your Sport Trac.

2004 and 2005 model years are the same with no significant changes made.

So that’s the only part I’m looking at buying. Will I have to get a new fuel filter even though it’s only a month or so old?

No fuel filter needed unless you used bad gas. No gasket needed. Very quick and easy job.

Hopefully it's not a dying fuel pump, but please don't overthink this.

Thanks so much for the advice. I’ll post back to the thread if I need anything else
Do update this thread, if this fixed problem or not,
so to help others with simular issue.

Thank you. Where did you find the part? I know can’t go to Ford because the trucks more than 10 years old and Amazon is really iffy because I bought some parts on there before and didn’t work for my truck so just wondering where would be a good place to get that part.

I bought the Bosch part that swshawaii linked to, from RockAuto dot com. So far RockAuto has had every part I've needed for the Sport Trac at a fair price. Sometimes you can find parts cheaper at Amazon, but I don't like Amazon ;-)

I have not got the part yet. I want my mechanic to look at it before I spend more money I did that one time on a part and spent over $200 and it wasn’t even necessary.

I bought the Bosch part that swshawaii linked to, from RockAuto dot com. So far RockAuto has had every part I've needed for the Sport Trac at a fair price. Sometimes you can find parts cheaper at Amazon, but I don't like Amazon ;-)

I understand. Amazon is hit or miss with auto parts. I replaced a door lock actuator on my wife's Toyota and while it works, the door now vibrates and makes a "thunk" noise when you shut it.

I'll check out RockAuto. Thanks!

I have not got the part yet. I want my mechanic to look at it before I spend more money I did that one time on a part and spent over $200 and it wasn’t even necessary.
Thanks for the update and I don't blame you for having it checked out. My mechanic told me to have a transmission shop check it out.

If it IS the sensor, that part is cheaper than paying a transmission diagnostic fee here.

That annoying sensor....lol

Latest posts