Shine,shine,shine

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Marshall

Reaction score
That rubber, vinyl and black stuff on your vehicle is a pain to keep looking shiny and black. For the past year I have been trying every product that promises to keep everything looking great. I started many years ago using Armor-All mainly because it was the only thing available. It works but it runs. I know you have experienced this after getting the look you want the next day it has ran down the side of your vehicle and looks like crap.

I have a friend that owns a chemical business and I was getting some 99% silicone and it looks great for a show or cruising the night after you applied it. The next day you notice it slung all up the side of your vehicle from the tires.

Today’s technology has brought some pretty interesting products to the table and yet it still falls short of your expectations. Products like Back to Black, Turtle Wax Ice and a zillion more offering the best for your “SHOW CAR LOOK”.

I have tried every new product to come along with disappointing results. Folks I'm here to let you know that I know of a product that will leave you smiling from ear to ear. I remember back in the 80’s when I use to show my 79 Bronco at 4X4 rallies and always got some type of recognition using a very inexpensive product from the supermarket. I went to a Dollar General today and purchased a bottle of Mop and Glow for a buck zipped back home and started cleaning on my Trac. I cannot remember any ill effects on any of the rubber and vinyl on my Bronco so I slopped on a generous coat to everything I could. You should use a micro fiber cloth or a lint free cloth to apply. I have a few pictures in my library if you would like to see the effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gene, so you weren't happy with Turtle Wax Ice? What did it do, or not do? I'm just about to use it on my ST and would like to know if it has caused any problems, or just didn't last. Thanks.

fmarano, back to black didn't work for me It had a tendency to run.

Fred, I like the ICE it just didn't last long on the trim but works great on the paint.

:lol: Larry, been there, done that. thanks for the memories

I agree , Ice works great on the paint but doesn't work too good on the trim and back to black doesn't last long. I do have a question, what happens to mop N glow when it rains? also where can you get the 303 stuff?

I thought Mother's Back To Black did a good job, but like Gene said with the Mop & Glow, if you get this stuff on your windows or paint it leaves a rainbow-colored residue that is a royal pain to get off. In fact, the only thing that would remove it was a little time and some straight rubbing alcohol (which in turn removes the detail product you just used).

I haven't tried the Turtle Wax Ice polish yet but I have used the detail spray and I was impressed. The results were comparable to other products like Back To Black but without the headache. I just clean my windows last with Stoner's Invisible Glass and if I get a little Ice on the windows, it comes right off.

Last edited by a moderator: