shipping plates?????"

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris boyd

Reaction score
like i said before . my st is a tire killer.. after new tires and a front end alinement the st still handled very poorly, so i stopped at a tire dealer and he pulled out two pieces that looked to be some kind of shipping hardware that he said had to be removed before you can aline or move any of the frontend parts..my st came off the showroom floor and the same dealer worked on the frontend....what the h@$# is the truth..my st handles some better but still handles nothing my friends 2 wheel drive st.. the tire dealer said FORD should have removed them before selling..my sport trac has been babyed from day one and no parts seem to have any wear...tires and brake take a beating ...plz any words of help??i refuse to trade my st so i have to find an answer...

Chris,

Those are alignment washers, They DO NOT get removed by the dealer or the factory....

BUT yes, to properly align an 04 or 05 ST you remove those washers and you can re align the truck..

But honestly your issue is confusing to me, you say killer, but then say it handles sluggishly and then say it feels like it is towing a boat....

Sounds like you have more then 1 issue..... OR just confusing the terminology...

Todd Z

thanks todd for your help and i,m just very sick of how the st is handling and i vented my problems out here..you are rite i must have more than one issue and after chating i feel it will be worth the time and money to change everything from brakes to shocks and bearing ,tires all at once..just needed to hear you guys thoughts on it ..thank again for all of the helpit is nice to have a web site to check with people who try to help ...

Chris,

Just don't go changing things for the sake of it also...

Help us figure exactly what the issue is and we can fix or help solve them 1 at a time...

IF the truck handles junky, is allover the road, The OEM shocks are JUNK !!... That would be shocks. IF it sways and has too much body roll for you, then upgrade the sway bars.

IF your wearing out front tires on the inside edges ( Commonly called cupping) the shocks and a good professional wheel alignment will cure that.

IF the tires are wearing out evenly, they are junk tires.

I hope I hit all your points.

Todd Z

Latest posts