shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan gelb

Reaction score
well i guess its my turn to ask the questions now

not for the ST but the 2000 Ranger need shocks grinding noise during any up down movement and turning of the wheel .

Recomandations please.

and yes i already know i cant spell thanks in advance

go to www.4wheelonline.com and get the Pro Comp 3000's, right now they will upgrade you to the 9000's for free. It's a great buy and great shocks.

Ron

is it the same model # for the Ranger and St

was thinking if i can talk wife into shocks for both

she says buy new ones for ST and put St oem's

on ranger as the St only has 10k and the ranger is at 95k

wow on the site now only 109.99 for 4

should i order online or call , i recall someone posting last week i think

about they called and ordered and was given free boots

and something else i think

I think the part numbers are different for ranger.

ST shocks are shit straight from the factory. At $110 for each vehicle, you should get new shocks for both. You won't regret it, and you will definately feel the difference.

ProComp 9000s are good, very heavy-duty shocks. Don't forget to order the boots for them (separately).

illegal28 - Here is the post you saw. A fellow ST'er gave a deal...

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=748199&sitename=mysporttrac

Personally, I would trash the stock ST shocks, they are cheapys.

Let your wife know that your thinking of her safety as well as yours and that you both need a set of new shocks. You may have to rub it on thick, and probably toss a fifty her way, but it may work.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
If you hear a grinding noise on bumps, or anytime the suspension moves, it could also be the ball joints. Happened on the '02 Ranger I had before. Had the left side ball joints replaced on warranty at about 20k miles. Curiously, the right side was always fine. You'd think both sides would have the same number of miles on them. :lol:

I recently had the Trac to the dealer for a front end squeak when I hit bumps, assuming it was the ball joints also. Turned out to be loose control arm bolts. Oh goody.

All I'm saying is that it could be things other than the shocks.

My '97 Explorer was making groaning/squeaking sound over bumps - I have an extended warranty, so took it to the dealer. I assumed it was the ball joints. Problem wasn't the ball joints - it was the control arms. Covered by warranty :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey illegal...Make sure you ask for Nathan(NastyNate)....He is the ST Man. He threw in a set of boots free for me..Raserx

Latest posts