Should Ford Import the Ranger or Further Develop Transit Connect?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not understand the fascination with diesel cars in America. They better get the awesome gas mileage they claim as diesel is rare and more expensive than gas in my area. I'd have to drive one of these EcoBoosted 4-cylinder SUVs before I buy into them being powerful enough for vehicles of that size after the current ecoboosted 4-cylinder SUVs/crossovers got poor reviews.

If 7 people can fit comfortably in an SUV based on the Ranger, I think that backs up Hugh's argument here that the Ranger is already pretty comparable to a F150 in size.

If not, it sounds like another car with more seatbelts than it can hold people. For instance, the Gen 1 ST has 5 seatbelts, but it can barely hold 4 adults, and I wouldn't say it holds even that many "comfortably".

Everyone keeps saying this...Ok SO the Ranger is close to the size of the F-150 ... I DON"T CARE I was just saying that we want a midsize truck not a 150 etc. size truck. I think they need to RE- think things before giving away loyal customers or taking bets on them....

That's why I made the point that there really isn't a mid size truck being made. If there truly was a midsize available, it'd be worth arguing over why Ford should bring it to the US market. As it stand now, doesn't make a mid size

That's why I made the point that there really isn't a mid size truck being made. If there truly was a midsize available, it'd be worth arguing over why Ford should bring it to the US market. As it stand now, doesn't make a mid size

I do not understand the fascination with diesel cars in America

Instant torque. For towing, hauling, and pasengers. In city and the country. The Hp is plenty to do the highway. Plus diesels can be set up and programed to out run ther gas competitition.......

Many deisals on the drag strip that are street legal. From what I have seen. Just a tune can add more HP and tq per liter, than gas tunes can.

Latest posts