SilverStar 9145's???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
Sylvania is listing the 9145ST as a direct replacement for the ST's fog lights, yet I can't seem to find them available for purchase anywhere. I've looked at local stores and on the web, but they aren't to be found. Anybody know when they're supposed to be released or where to buy them?

Andy,

I don't think the Silverstars are are made in the 9145 version. As a matter of fact I'm pretty much 99% positive they aren't.

But you can install Silverstar 9005 bulbs though. And the 9005 bulbs will be alot better !!

Alot of folks here are running the 9005 bulbs with ZERO problems. To get the bulb to 100% properly seat into the foglamp some folks have needed to slighlty trim a very very small amount off one of the plastic tabs. If you are looking at the back of the bulb the lower left tab (8:00 position) is usually the one that needs to be trimmed. Simply take a razor and trim what is needed.

I was going to do that with the 9005's, but then I saw a SilverStar 9145ST replacement listed on Sylvania's web site. I figured I'd try the direct replacement first, but can't seem to find them anywhere.

The 9145s are fairly new in SS line, IIRC. but 9005s should do it with no more trouble than breaking a little tab to install them, and the difference is noticeable.

I have had mine for over 25 months now, along with 9007s for the headlights, note that I don't use them much in the summer.

Edit:

I can't type this morning!

3 attempts to get this post at least readable... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a link to an online magazine article I wrote a while ago. I used 9005 all-weather bulbs from J.C. Whitney. Go to the link then click on the word "STREET".

P.S. You'll see a picture of a Bronco II also, I was riding shotgun when it was taken. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts