Similar Question to the A/C clicking post

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George T

Reaction score
Hi, i just read the post about the A/C clicking, and it got me a little bit worried....

My ST is 2004 with 65,0xx miles on it.

So I have a similar concern, but mine is not with the A/C, its when the engine is just started and is still cold, something clicks and then clicks off. But my A/C is not turned, its to the heat, so i dont know if it is normal or not. It will click, and maybe about 15 to 20 seconds later it clicks again.... I dont know if this is related or if i should be worried about this.:unsure:

Thank you very much, George T.

Allright thanks, then thats good. phew:D

Yea, i do wanna save gas, Im already thinking about getting some mods to increase it. I try not to even turn on the heat while the engine is cold since it will still blow cold air. I will do that now. Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
just use the floor heater. it's all i use. but you should still turn your compressor every so often so she gets a lil use... otherwise one day you'll turn it on and she won't be happy you left her for so long.

mods = horse power... sometimes you'll get a lil more mpg but don't expect to much. just check your tire pressures, drive like you have a full glass of milk sitting on the dash, and keep all fluids fresh.

Haha, I will. And for some reason, my feet get cold in the ST and i need to check what is wrong with the front 4 vents, because they are not blowing any air.....Ill probably wait till spring to see if a hose got disconnected or something.

Yeah, i know. So a cold air intake wouldnt help that much? I do drive like that, but the power is amazing when you give it gas. But thanks for the tips, it helps a lot.

Thanks again

Saving fuel is the last thing on my mind with my clicking problem going on.

Any thing making noise like that worries me.

Hope you find a solution for your clicking problem. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, i understand. Hope you get your problem figured out. Woppy says its normal, and i believe him, i think he knows what he is talking about.

Latest posts