sirius radio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Rice

Reaction score
Anyone have a sirius satellite radio system and use the cassette tape to play the music from the receiver? My tape keeps popping out every 30 seconds or so for the first 10-15 minutes I turn the radio on. I was just wondering if I should get a head cleaning tape or just buy a new tape for the sirius radio.

Mine did that also, I tried another, same thing. Ended up with the box that connects between the antenna and the OEM radio, then connects to the sat rcvr. I had XM though, not sure if sirius has one or not. I got it at best buy.

Gerry

Take your finger or a pencil and turn one of the reels in the tape adapter. Does the other one turn? If not, that may be your problem.

Some tape decks use the motion of the supply reel to determine if the tape is done playing on that side. If there's no motion on the supply reel, it assumes the tape is over and automatically stops or ejects to protect the tape from damage (older cassette players detected upward pressure on the pinch roller -- caused when the slack in the tape was lost -- to tell when a tape was done playing, but this put more wear and tear on the tape itself).

Newer cassette adapters have gears inside that force the supply reel side to move when the takeup reel is moving to trick these over-protective stereos into playing them continuously.

Last edited by a moderator: