Sliding power rear window and sunroof

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeletoes

Reaction score
Was that combo ever available? Or are those 2 options never paired? I'm hunting for a 2nd get sport Trac and see a lot of one or the other, but so far haven't seen them together on the same vehicle.

Maybe I found one. I don't think the sunroof retracts like I was hoping. Just the cover and it's a moon roof? I found a ST with that and the rear sliding window, and it's orange frost metallic which I haven't seen before. Pretty cool color. Is there a breakdown of production numbers by year for these vehicles?

My first gen has both power rear window and power sunroof. It is one of the things I like best about this truck - it gives it a real open air feeling when everything is open.

Very nice, that's the feel I'm looking for. I can't tell in pics if the sunroof actually moves or if it's just a fixed glass roof section with a sliding cover...

The first year of the Gen2 (2005?) did not have a sliding rear window

My 2002 ST had a power rear window. I don't call it sliding because every other pickup truck out there that has a "sliding" window has one that moves from side-to-side, not up and down. I thought it was a standard feature on the ST. The 2008 brochure shows it as standard.

My 2010 LTD has both the power rear window and a power sunroof. The inside sun shield is a manual slide and the glass either raises in a vent position or slides back to full open.

I think it became standard in later models, there's a bunch of 07 and older without a power rear window.

Good to.hear about the power sun roof and rear window, I'm looking for those 2 features in whatever I buy.

Was that combo ever available? Or are those 2 options never paired? I'm hunting for a 2nd get sport Trac and see a lot of one or the other, but so far haven't seen them together on the same vehicle.
I have both on my 04 Sporty. I rarely use the sunroof and with the topper, I rarely, if ever, use the back window. I would like to replace the Pioneer 6 CD radio with a Din so if anybody has suggestions, feel free to chime in.

I have an early 2007 ST with fixed rear window. They offered it later in the 2007 run. It may have been standard after that point......I'm not sure. I wish I'd have been able to have one on my 07!

Good luck in your search!

I think I found the truck that checks all the boxes I have. It's in Wisconsin though. Pretty cold winters and salty roads up there. Under 100kiles so maybe it's been cared for.

I have both on my 04 Sporty. I rarely use the sunroof and with the topper, I rarely, if ever, use the back window. I would like to replace the Pioneer 6 CD radio with a Din so if anybody has suggestions, feel free to chime in.
I've seen a ton of these trucks both 1st and 2nd get with full screen aftermarket head units. Probably any decent name brand manufacturer has an option for you, and most have a choice between apple and Android based phone interactions.

I think I found the truck that checks all the boxes I have. It's in Wisconsin though. Pretty cold winters and salty roads up there. Under 100kiles so maybe it's been cared for.
Definitely get some underside pictures. My '02 looks great from the topside, but that plastic cladding hid the nasty rusty rockers. Even the frame was rotted through in one section. This is on an NH truck with less than 150K. Hearbreaking, since I love the truck. I have a new Bronco now, but can't seem to part with the SportTrac.

It’s not that important to me to go through all that! But thanks for the link!

It was worth it though to put a removable rear window from an early C3 Corvette into my 1976 Corvette! Took a while but it is like I wanted it! Thank goodness no electrical for that!
FBA71A81-D819-4957-8E5C-62294A24CE05.jpeg

i ordered my 2007 when they announced a release in 06 with the concept model and it looked nothing like the concept model when it came in but do not recall month but no 06 model.
1660233085576.png

I'm having a pretty tough time trying to find the truck that checks all my boxes. Only found one that fits but it's 2100 miles away and at the very top top of my spending budget.

Gen 2 began production in early 2006 as a 2007, a 2006 ST doesn’t exist. Additionally the rear slider wasn’t available until a few months into production
Right, I couldn’t remember the exact year model but as a member of “My Sport Trac” we were given the opportunity to see the new body when they unveiled it at the Texas State Fair in 2006. I didn’t like the fact it did not have the same rear window as mine, and they moved the gas door to the passenger side.

Latest posts