snow tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I have a 09 limited 4x4 sport trac with 18" rims and michelin tires that can stock from the dealer... My question is should I buy a set of snow tires or are the stock tires good enough.

I live in Toronto Canada and I have never driven this truck in the snow my wifes 02 st with 4x4 has a set of copper discoverys all terren and it handles great..

Looking for any input, snows and 17" steel rims will run me $1200.00 canadian...

Thanks Baker

You have All Terrain on your 09, that plus the fact they are new, I would expect you will have no problems.

If anything, get two tubes of sand and place them in the bed by the wheel well area. This will make a substantial difference.

I had a 04 with great Wrangler tires. Drove through enough snow to have come over the hood a couple of times (actually bent a running board in snow), unfortunately you can't get them in the size you need.

I just had to replace my Michilen Cross Terrian that only had 48,000 km (very poor tires) on my Gen 2, looked around and did a lot of research, best tire I could find to fit was the Goodyear TripleTred, got them for $255 installed each. Live in Wpg area and the weather is weird, +13 today so no chance to play in the snow yet.

Good luck

Depends on the tire. I'd wait for some snow and see how it does. The Goodyear Fortera HL's that came on my '08 were awful in snow. Luckily they wore out pretty fast and I got Firestone A/T's a few months ago. Reviews on TireRack.com said they were good in snow. See if there are any reviews there for your Michelins.