so you thought it was only toyota.......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jan 31 (Reuters) - Jiangling Motors Co, partly owned by Ford Motor Co., said on Sunday it is resuming production of Ford's Transit Classic diesel commercial vans equipped with CTS Corp pedals, three days after announcing a halt.

Last edited by a moderator:
TJR,

I also must disagree with you.

I'm sure I am one of the more frequent debaters here and often disagree with some statements made by others.

You said that this is caused by low intellignece? I have two degrees and an IQ of 140

You said that it was caused by low ego? I think it's probably too much ego

You said that it was caused by emotional immaturity? I agree...I'm 63 years old, but I only feel like I'm about 50....:smile0015: Obviously way too immature.

...Rich

Richard L,

I wasn't talking about you. And I wasn't talking about debating in general. Healthy debate is good. I never said that those that debate on here have low intelligence.

I was talking about those on here that engage in unhealthy (often non-debate) debate, characterized as follows:

- starts as, or contains a lot of baiting

- is entered into by people that aren't willing to consider others POV (chest beaters)

- turns into personal attacks

- ends abrubtly when one side starts to actually get to the "meat" of why the other feels the way they do and has the other person SHUTTING DOWN (no ability for growth)

- has people defending a position or opinion that they aren't willing to discuss or can't articulate

IMHO, debates and discussions having qualities like the above are entered into by people that show signs of emotional immaturity and low intelligence.

Yes, it can be big ego, but I stand by "low intelligence", because to me, higher intelligence means more than just having a high IQ. For me, someone displays high intelligence if they can thing objectively, they understand and can articulate WHY they think as they do (and have the opinions that they have), and they can have such conversations without attacking others or feeling attacked when such is not the case.

So, there. You see a postive example in action. You disagreed with my statement. I restated in an unemotional way to let you know that I think you may have misunderstood exactly what I was saying; and then I articulated WHY I feel the sticky point between you and I (high intelligence) is considered by me as it is.

I'm not mad. I don't feel attacked. I don't feel that I am right, and that you are wrong.

TJR

Hmmmmmmm ???? :smile0016:

:smile0014:

Todd Z

dont worry, tom is on the case.

he will solve the mystery. :smile0005:

Quote:

Jan 31 (Reuters) - Jiangling Motors Co, partly owned by Ford Motor Co., said on Sunday it is resuming production of Ford's Transit Classic diesel commercial vans equipped with CTS Corp pedals, three days after announcing a halt.

The Chinese don't care about safety, look at all the crap they unload on the US!

Baby cribs that cut off fingers, geez!:smile0008:

TJR,

No explaination was necessary. I did not feel that you were talking to or about me. I was mainly just jerking your chain to get my "Immaturity" punch line in. :smile0015:

...Rich

You are absolutley correct, but the grammar was right despite the spelling error.

Good catch, Jerry!:smile0006:

actually was ploy to get the Grammar police to show!:smile0017:

Bud, not to disappoint you, but the grammar left a little to be desired too.

:smile0001:

I think it would be better said as "...the guy who.." and not "...that guy that...".

Of course, I could be wrong. I don't profess to being the grammar police.

TJR

Maybe that guy will pop back in and set us straight!:smile0007:

I hated english, grammar and all that stuff in school.

of course I was not fond of alot of subjects back then.

I enjoyed lunch though:smile0015:

Latest posts