SOLD!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Long

Reaction score
Since my other thread was getting a bit long, I thought I'd throw a new one up for my wheel/tires. I'm now looking for an outright sale on my wheels/tires, as I'm picking up a set of OEM wheels in the morning.

The wheels are 17x7.5"(14mm offset) FX4 wheels from an F-150. I have a set of custom made adapters that fit the F-150 wheels to our ST's bolt pattern. They're hubcentric to the ST and lugcentric to the wheels. Due to this, I had the studs upgraded to 14mm studs for added strength. The adapters are 1.25" thick front, 2" thick rear. They give the truck a really nice, wide stance.

The tires are 285/70-17 Bridgestone Revos which measure out to almost 32.8". I had them put on in July of 2009 and they have about 17K miles on them, most of which is from a trip to Texas and back, as well as several trips to and from Kentucky, and trips to the airport in Orlando. They've seen very little city driving, have been rotated and checked for balance 3 times now, and all measure out at 9-10/32's of tread remaining (either 11 or 12/32 when new).

You can reuse you're stock lug nuts for the adapters to the truck, but I'll include the deep chrome spline drive lugs for the wheels to the adapters.

I've got $300 in the wheels, $250 in the adapters, $50 in the lugs, and almost $900 in the tires. I'm asking $800 for all of it. I will gladly ship at cost via FedEx which can be very reasonable, or I will do anything I can to help facilitate delivery.

I should also add, I was running these with just a 1" TT and some trimming in the front. I eventually added shackles in the back, as I was sitting almost completely level with the weight of my topper and the tools I was carrying around a lot. I would get a minor rub occasionally when turning sharply into a parking spot, but not too bad. Also, they're not clean in these pics, as I had just come back from 2 weeks of snow and rain in Kentucky and had only given the truck a very quick wash to get the salt off.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
That set up look really nice. The wheels look like the 05 Trac wheels though from what I remember. What was the point in doing spacers and F150 wheels, getting 17" ones?

Yeah, the ST wheels were 16x7 but the F150 wheels were 17x7.5. The ST wheels would have needed spacers anyway to get the wide stance, so I figured why not.....

Damn I wish I would've had the money to buy your truck off you, Oh well, I see you're getting a Yellow F-150 why not use these wheels/tires on that?

I actually got a white 06, but the newer trucks have 6 lug wheels. I'm going down with it though, plus its already got the OEM 20's on it with almost new tires.

Oh ok, I saw the link posted for the carfax and I only saw the yellow F-150, figured that was the one you were getting. Got any pics yet?

I picked it up off Craigslist last year, then had it painted to match. It was a Leer cap, but I had the emblems removed and filled when it was painted.

Latest posts