Some maintenance done...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorgie Hidalgo

Reaction score
dropped off the truck yesterday and got an oil change, new brake pads, transmission flush and brake fluid flush. cars running a little better. still got that engine knocking problem though. but they told me that i need to replace my upper control arm. what is this?and how much would it cost?im going to fix it when i drive back up to school after spring break in mid march. im heading home tomorrow woooo. so this control arm thing...wat is it and what does it do?

The Upper Control Arm (UCA) is the upper pivot point for you front suspension. I also need to replace mine because of bad bushings and am trying to convince my wife I "need" to lift it. I am not sure that any damage can be done by driving on it, but I would recommend against driving if you don't have to. As far as cost, if you have a Firestone Complete Auto Care Center near by they can order you a new UCA with bushings for 125 a side.

Latest posts