Someone

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Rampino

Reaction score
When I removed my step bars, on the underside of one of them had a handwritten date and maybe initials of the line worker at the Ford plant?

[Broken External Image]:

If you aren't the original owner, I'd venture to say that they were purchased from a salvage yard and that the markings are their inventory stock markings.

If you are the original owner, then I say kinda cool that a FOMOCO employee took the time to "personalize" them for you.

I've heard many stories of Auto MFG employees doing such things.

Last edited by a moderator:
never heard of ford employees signing their work...

i kno that the people who build corvette motors signs the motors they make tho... cool stuff

Good point Dave S made. Definitely a "red flag" if bought with a salvaged title. If not, Very cool to see craftsmen and technicians taking "pride" in their work.

Laser engraved signatures "signed" by machines don't have have the personal "touch" a warm blooded human can offer. Long for the term, "Hand Crafted in the USA", hope "humans" become retro and cool in my lifetime again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I took mine off as soon as I bought the ST, I went out and looked at time.

No writing on them.

My guy either wasn't proud of his work, or Dave S. might be right about the salvage yard idea.

Latest posts