Sony Vaio

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James B 3

Reaction score
Guys,

I purchased a Sony Vaio about 4 months ago. The problem I am running into is this computer runs Vista and that program will not run my Civil Engineering programs and Surveying programs that I work with. I am checking interest to see if anyone is looking for one. The sony site continually tells me they are coming out with xp drivers so I can reload the O/S with xp. However, I have waited about long enough. I paid just over $1000.00. A reasonable over I will prob accept.

Spec sheet

James,

Before you sell it have you tried installing XP on it and seeing if there are problems. Most of the time XP will run fine. What about dual booting and only using XP for your specific programs?

George

Hi James,

I actually work for Sony, and I honestly would hate for us to lose a customer over this issue. I dont work in the customer relations division, but I would ask before you sell your VAIO, please call the customer relations division at 800-282-2848, and see if they can offer any suggestions. If they cant help you, let me know and I'll see if I can find someone that can.

Dave

PMcD,

Dell is still selling notebooks with xp prof. on them. So, is HP. I am going to try and load xp as a dual boot and see what happens.

thanks for the input though

Also, I believe you can have the program run thru Vista Emulating Windows XP.

Once it is installed, right click on the icon and make the changes from there...