Spare Tire

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Frady

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
After reading a post from another member, and his ordeal with the spare tire. I would like to say the operation of lowering the spare tire is terrible. I had a flat the other day when I was out sick with the flu. It must have taken me 1hr to change. I thought I would never get done with that. I have changed the tire before so I atleast knew where all the parts were hidden. I dont know if the GEN2 is like mine, but my tailgate interfears with the opening for the spare tire spool.

Also, I want to take this oppertunity to remind people to check the pressure in the spare. Mine was OK since I do check it, but it was low for 30deg weather. Also, you may want to flip the tire over so you can check the pressure. Ford normally mounts the spare with the valve stem pointing up, towards the bed. I flipped mine shortly after I bought the ST and I am glad I did.

So, for some of you I would say get practice with the spare tire and others I would say know you HERO truck phone number.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts