Spark Plug Wires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I rencently had my 60k service. Got truck back, had rough idle and acceleration problem. Took it back, they tell me:

a) I may need new spark plug wires ($205.00 installed WTF)

b) "theres a power problem," go see Ford about your distributor...

Pisses me off, the truck seemed fine before, now-despite their fix-Im still having a rough idle and not so smooth acceleration....

Anyhow, does 200 and change sound right for new spark pluig wires?

Do it yourself.

Distributor? The 4.0L SOHC has never had a distributor. It has a coil pack.

Who did the 60K service? I am approaching 60,000 miles. I figure my service will be checking if it starts. If it does, it passes the test.

Tom

Chack you IAC, MAF and even the DPFE sensor for rough idling and engine miss problems. As for the wires, you can buy top-shelf aftermarket wiresets for around $70. I used Jacobs wires on mine with Autolite Double Platinum plugs and did it myself for around $100.

UB10

Caymen: A-Z auto in Santa Clarita, Ca. He has a good reputaion and is pretty much the only Amsoil saleman any where near me. I have taken the wife's and my own car in several times to him. His people have been staight and even dimissed major prblems as minor that others wanted an arm and a leg for. Recomendeed.

How do i clean my IAC and MAF.

Latest posts