speaker box

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry tanner

Reaction score
i bought this box off of ebay. now i know it will fit our st`s but do i take the seat out to install or does it just side under the seat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Sport-Trac-box-Kicker-8L5-Subwoofer-enclosure-/360343686587?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D3637153643616130621

thanks

hdt

I just built this box during this past week. I just finished installing everything on Friday night and the box will slide right under the seat. The only thing I would watch out for is to make sure that if someone sits on that side, the seat does not drop down till it is hitting the subwoofer. The back of the subwoofer is what you want to check because it is pretty close to begin with. I used the Kicker L7 and it sounds great. I think you will be very happy with either the L5 or L7.

10 inch Kicker Comp CVT this is the speaker i am using. with a PRECISION POWER S400.2 2-Channel 420W Sedona Series Amplifier

hope it souds good.

what is the biggest size person to sit on that side so that it does not affect the sub?

thanks

hdt

haha I am not sure what the biggest size person is. I have not gotten that far to start asking my friends to sit there. I am still in the tuning stage of my system. I know that there is no chance of putting the seat down with it. I have the same problem on the other side where my amp sits because I cannot put that seat down either now. The subwoofer box you have linked though is for the Kicker L5 8 inch or the Kicker L7 8 inch. I hope you didn't buy the one linked but the one for the 10 inch subwoofer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-Sub-box-Kicker-CVT-subwoofer-/220739457776?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336518d2f0

this is the one i will be getting tomorrow afternoon. i will put it in on friday along with the amp i will let you on the fit and the sound.

thanks

hdt

Yea when I clicked on the earlier link it was for the subwoofer box that holds the L5 or L7. I just wanted to make sure you didn't make a mistake and order the wrong one when you wanted a round subwoofer. Let me know how it sounds because I was going to go with a 10 inch round but wanted to go more towards SPL with sound quality. I have to be honest to the L7, even in such a small box, is very clear and clean. It can also get loud with 480 RMS. I hope it works out for you.

That is great to hear. Where are you putting your amp? I have mine under the other seat but now I can't fold down the seat. I was wondering if you are putting it there too and your able to put your seat down.